everlasting light; side one:enjolras
i. this orient/foals ii. the night you can’t remember/the magnetic fields iii. close to none/future islands iv. nearly home/broken records v. take me over/cut copy vi. everlasting light/the black keys vii. r u mine/arctic monkeys viii. sigh no more/mumford and sons ix. madness/muse x. that’ll be the day/buddy holly
the death of you and me; side two:R
i. end of the night/the doors ii. the death of you and me/noel gallagher iii. a thousand years/christina perri iv. bloodstream/stateless v. cry me a river/julie london vi. got to get you into my life/the beatles vii. pale blue eyes/the velvet underground viii. all about you/mcfly ix. a case of you/james blake x. i touch myself/divynils
Q:Mini mixtapes sound so cool!
so are you! ;)
i. beyond the door | hadley fraser
because i love this song for being very much about diving into the unknown and sometimes whenever i don’t know if i can handle something i listen to this and then i’m like, “I CAN DO THIS” and it just seems to be a good song to share with people
ii. morning song | the lumineers
because it’s a good song to close your eyes to and take deep breaths and just… be
iii. won’t back down | tom petty and the heartbreakers
because if i remember correctly, we share a love for tony stark and this is the quintessential tony song for me and it actually makes me REALLY EMOTIONAL WOW plus it’s just a good song for steeling yourself against the shitty things in life
iv. to darkness/kripa | mumford & sons & dharohar project
because this is such a cool mashup of eastern and western style music and i think you’d really like it (and i really can’t resist throwing a bit of mumford into everything ever)
v. your bones | of monsters and men
because this sounds like adventure and chasing dreams and the way cold ocean water feels
These are all excellent songs! Thank you so much!!
Joly, Bossuet and Musichetta’s kid going to a new school and getting known as “the kid with two dads” cuz Musichetta’s out of town.
And then Musichetta comes back and drops off the kid at school and everyone’s like “YOU HAVE A MOM?????????”
And the kid’s like “…….duh?”
Tagged by Gio
1. Do you have a fave poem? Yes, so many! I love love love Straw House, Straw Dog and Primer for the Small Weird loves by Siken - those two are my favorites of all time, I’d say, although my poetry tastes really vary. (But I definitely talk about Siken the most)
2. Beach or mountains? Mountains.
3. What’s the book that’s had the most impact on you? Oh wow. Maybe The Amber Spyglass? Or A Wrinkle in Time? But The House on Falling Star Hill was what got me writing as a child, so…
4. What is the most rad thing you’ve ever done? Like, an unusual haircut, hair colour, have you ran away from home, etc I’m not a very rad person, I’m afraid. But I once went on an Adventure and got lost exploring a creek. That was cool.
5. Is there anything you wish you could do but are too scared of doing? Everything from talking to people to updating fic to being completely honest with my therapist. I’m scared of a lot of things.
6. What were your favourite shows as a kid? I didn’t watch a lot of TV, but I loved Rocky and Bullwinkle. My mother would show us episodes sometimes.
7. Do you have any stuffed animals? Or any objects you love very very dearly? So many oh man. The ones I still have on my bed are Bunny, a yellow terrycloth rabbit, Wings, a winged polar bear, Aslan, a lion, and Orion, a Bengal tiger cub. I have bout ten more saved in my closet. I’m also very fond of my Dango Daikazoku pillow.
Since literally all of my tagged people are in the Les Mis fandom
8. Tell me about your headcanon Cosette this is beyond important to me. Ah I have many different and conflicting headcanons about Cosette but tranwoman Maidu Cosette is pretty great.
9. Favourite musical? Spring Awakening, I’d say, although I like the play more than the musical.
10. Have you ever tried writing a novel? I have.
11. Ideal friend/partner. Luka
And an extra question bc why not
12. Sweater weather or hot summer sun? I am actually a reptile of some sort so sun I cannot be warm without sun I lie on the back of couches like a cat to be in the sun or on the carpet if there’s a patch of sunlight I need warm sunlight to survive.